I run 3 times a week and because I think it’s important not be too focused on one sport, I combine running with BodyCombat training. I love the combination of martial arts moves and high energy music.
While sweating through my combat class I started thinking that the upbeat combat songs might work very well during a run, especially when you get to that point where the going gets tough and you’re tempted to stop. The songs have a high pace, a pronounced beat and give you renewed energy.
So I went online to look up the tracks and then selected the ones that are closest to 180 bpm. I use Apple Music but I am sure you can find them on most online services. I came up with the following list:
- Heart Bleeds -Re-Con & Demand featuring Mandy Edge
- If I Were You – Breeze & Ritmen
- My Forever Love – Sy and Unknown
- Reach Out – Kat Knight, Dougal & Grammar
- Rise Again – Breeze featuring Lost Witness
- Summer Rain – Breeze vs. Brad Sure Feat Katie Halliday
- Sunshine on a Cloudy Day – Eufeion Remix
- Surrender (Clubland Mix) – Al Storm featuring Amy
- True Believer (Styles & Breeze Remix) – E-type
- Your Shining (Hixxy Remix) – Styles & Breeze
Most of these songs go between 6 and 8 minutes so just running to 5 of them powers you through a 5k. I have added them to my regular playlist so I can alternate, but I find myself fast forwarding the other ones so I can run on these. It’s a nice change for a bit. Because the beat is high, remember to not shorten your stride to keep the pace, and focus on maintaining speed. Hope you like them just as much as I do!
PS: picture and music all copyright Les Mills of course!